Spicy Carrot Goat Cheese Pâté a Recipe for those Bits in the Fridge
We all agree that food waste is terrible, and in North America where shopping for many tends to involve large format stores with bulk packaging…often we buy too much. Even if you are a conscious shopper and dedicated cook – like David – sometimes there end up being some leftover bits in the fridge. Now, in Cocoa & Lavender’s kitchen, nothing gets wasted, so he created this recipe for spicy carrot goat cheese pâté.
Spicy Carrot Goat Cheese Pâté
This recipe is completely adaptable to what ever bits and bobs you have in the fridge, and to suit your tastes. It is an easy way to use up leftovers before they spoil.
- 4large Carrotspeeled and sliced *
- 2tablespoons Butter
- 1large (or 2 small) Shallotspeeled and minced
- 1teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/2teaspoon Piment d’Espeletteor more to taste *
- 1/2teaspoon Salt
- 1/2teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2ounce chèvreor other cheese see notes
- 3tablespoons Mascarpone
- 1tablespoon olive oil
* What if you don’t have any of these bits in your fridge?
Cooked carrots – sweet potatoes, butternut squash, peas
Piment d’Esplette – red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper
Goat cheese – cream cheese, cottage cheese, ricotta
Mascarpone – crème fraîche, sour cream, heavy cream