Moroccan Carrot Salad from Marrakesh
Getting to Marrakech from Provence is an easy two and a half (2.5) hour flight. The Pitcher & Powell program includes two daily yoga classes, a cooking class every afternoon, a guided tour of the Medina, a visit to the famous Jardins Majorelle and the Yves St Laurent museum. The itinerary allows time for exploring, shopping in the souks, and indulging a hamman experience.
One of the recipes that we made in the first cooking class was this easy carrot salad.
Enjoy the flavours of Morocco!
Moroccan Carrot Salad
- 2 1/4 lbs (1 kg) Carrots
- 6 oz (170g) Golden Raisins
- 4 oz (113g) Almond Slivers
- 1 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Orange Flower Water or juice of fresh orange
- 2 tbsp Argan Oil or olive oil or walnut oil
- Finely grate the carrots with food processor or grater.
- Mix together first: ground cinnamon, ground ginger, sugar (all dry ingredients) and pour on top of carrots.
- Then add raisins, almonds, orange flower water and toss with argon or olive oil.
- Serve the salad cold or room temperature.