Make this Chocolate Mousse for Dessert
There is something deliciously decadent about a chocolate dessert. So, this Chocolate Mousse fits the bill perfectly, it’s easy to make, and your guests will love the extra effort.
- 7 oz Best Quality Bittersweet Chocolate
- 6 large Eggs separated at room temperature
- 3 tsp Sugar
- pinch of Salt
- Whipped Cream for garnish
- In a heatproof bowl, gently melt chocolate in the microwave on medium power. Using a whisk, stir the egg yolks into the melted chocolate, one at a time.
- In a stand mixer, beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until they start to form peaks. Continue beating while gradually adding the sugar. Beat until the whites are shiny and hold medium-firm peaks.
- Spoon about 1/4 of the egg whites over the melted chocolate and stir gently until the mixture is smooth (this lightens the chocolate and makes the next step easier). Spoon the remaining egg whites over the chocolate mixture and carefully fold them together using a large spatula.
- Using the spatula, gently fold the mousse into a large serving bowl (or into individual serving dishes)—chill, covered, for 2-3 hours. Serve with fresh whipped cream or berries as garnish. The mousse will keep overnight but will become denser the longer it sits in the fridge.