Pudding Time! Creamy Lavender Honey and Almond Pots
Delicious and a little bit naughty, this recipe for Creamy Lavender Honey and Almond Pots unites the flavours of Provence in a delicious little pot! One of three summer desserts by Jeany @MirabeauWine.
Creamy Lavender Honey and Almond Pots
A rich, decadent and creamy pud with summer berries and a lovely crunch of almonds.
- 1 250 ml tub, double cream
- 1 handful whole unpeeled almonds
- 3 Eggs
- 2 tbsp of lavender honey
- 2 tbsp of brown sugar
- A few red berries to decorate
- Put the cream in a heavy based saucepan and bring to a very gentle boil.
- Crush the almonds with a pestle and mortar, or inside a freezer bag using a rolling pin.
- You’re looking for finely crushed, not powdered.
- Separate the eggs, keep the yolks & discard the whites.
- Add the honey, sugar & almonds to the cream.
- Turn down the heat and let it cool down a little before you add the egg yolk, you want to avoid scrambled eggs!
- Leave it on low heat and stir regularly for about 10 minutes, then pour into your ramekins and put it in the fridge for a couple of hours to set.
- Just before serving add a few crunchy almonds to the top of the ramequins and some red summer fruit for decoration.
- Works nicely with a shortbread biscuit on the side.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!