Chicken stuffed with Goats Cheese, Serrano Ham and Tomato Recipe
Chicken breasts can be much more interesting if stuffed and rolled, especially as the cooking method I use helps them to stay moist and succulent. There are various options for the stuffing, but my favourite is goats’ cheese with Serrano ham and a few basil leaves.
Chicken stuffed with Goats Cheese, Serrano Ham and Tomato
- 4 Chicken breasts
- 4 slices Serrano Ham
- 1 pkt Soft Goats Cheese
- 1 small jar Tomato Pesto
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Salt and pepper to season
- First beat out each chicken breast until it is about 1.5 cms thick.
- To do this place the chicken breast on a board, cover with a piece of cling film and beat gently with a rolling pin, making sure you don’t make any holes in the meat.
- Spread each chicken breast with 1 tsp of tomato pesto and then place a piece of Serrano ham on top.
- Place 3 basil leaves in a line at one end and spread 4 tsp of soft goats cheese on top.
- Starting at the top, by the goats’ cheese, roll the chicken into a cylindrical shape.
- Wrap the chicken breasts in cling film so they are tightly sealed and tie securely at each end.
- Place them in a large saucepan of simmering water, completely covered and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a sauté pan, add the olive oil and butter.
- Remove the chicken from the cling film wrapping and sauté for 5 minutes until a nice golden brown, basting regularly with the butter.