Chocolate Lava Cakes with Candied Ginger for Dessert
Dessert does not need to be complicated, but it should be delicious. These little chocolate lava cakes are just the right size to satisfy a sweet tooth without being decadent.
Other Chocolate Desserts:
Chocolate Hazelnut Yogurt Cake – fun for kids as you use one measure, a yogurt container.
Make this rich dark chocolate tart with caramelised pears, when the fruit is in season.
Hard to resist! Apricots (0r other fruit) with dark chocolate ganache and tarragon.
Chocolate mendiant tart is dark as night; each delicious bite filled with mysterious bites of dried fruit, nuts.
Dessert for a special occasion a chocolate banana charlotte.
Chocolate macarons with chocolate ganache are a sweet French treat.
Chocolate Lava Cake with Candied Ginger
- 150 g (5 oz) Dark chocolate 55% minimum
- 150 g (5 oz) Butter
- 150 g (5 oz) Sugar
- 5 Eggs
- 75 g (2.5 oz) Flour
- 30 g (1 oz) Butter for the molds
- 30 g (1 oz) Sugar for the molds
- 60 g (2 oz) candied ginger
- Melt the chocolate with the butter (in a double boiler or slowly in the microwave), add the sugar, mix well, add the eggs, mix well, add the flour mix well.
- Butter and sugar coat your little molds.
- Fill them up with the chocolate mixture and keep in the fridge for at least one hour (or up to 3 days).
- Cut your ginger into small pieces, and spread on top of the cakes just before baking.
- Preheat the oven to 180C (400F) and cook your cake for 8 minutes.
- Let rest 8 more minutes in the pan on a cooking rack.
- Then flip them over to unmold and serve.