Red Wine Poached Saumonette (Spiny Dogfish)
There are some words are naturally more attractive en Française, and Spiny or Piked Dogfish is no exception. This recipe for Saumonette (Rock Salmon) poached in red wine is quick to prepare. You can have a gourmet dinner on the table in 40-minutes.
Saumonette Poached in Red Wine
- 1,5 Kgs (3 lbs) Saumonette Piked Dogfish
- 1 Liters (4 quarts) Red wine
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 4 tbsp Sunflower oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 200 g (6 oz) White mushrooms champignons de Paris
- 100 g (3 oz) bacon diced
- 100 g (3 oz) Onion pearl onions, if possible,
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Sear the fish in oil and butter on both sides and add flour.
- Cook 2 or 3 minutes, add the red wine, salt, and pepper, cover with a lid and cook on a simmer for 30 minutes.
- Saute onions, bacon and mushrooms for 5 minutes with butter, season well and serve on top of the fish.