Colourful Curried Vegetable Terrine
This Cocoa & Lavender is perfect for vegetarians, but we are pretty sure even your carnivore friends will be begging for seconds. David combines bright colours, fresh vegetable (in season) and a zesty curry flavour into an all-star dish. This terrine can be served as an appetizer with drinks, as a starter course or as a light meal with a salad.
Terrine de Légumes au Curry – Curried Vegetable Terrine
This curried vegetable terrine was inspired by our trip to Provence with the Susan and Towny (Modern Trobadors) in 2008. As always, the original recipe "needed" some tinkering and I think my version will delight you.It can be served plain, as seen here, or with a sauce; in this case our next course is sauced so I opted to forgo the sauce for this fête.
- 2lbs Carrotstrimmed, peeled and cut into slices
- 8large Swiss chard leavescut in half lengthwise, tough central stems removed
- 12 Asparagus spearstrimmed to 8-inches and bottom parts of stalk peeled
- 16 Green Beanstrimmed at the ends
- 2small Zucchinihalved lengthwise and then each half cut into 4 spears
- 1cup + 2 tbsp Crème fraiche
- 1tsp Curry powderuse good quality curry
- to taste Kosher salt
- to taste Freshly ground white pepper
- 2tbsp Powdered gelatin
- 1/4cup Water
- 16 Grape tomatoescut in halves