Pavlova Recipe with Rose, Lychee and Raspberry with Etoile Rosé
Sophie Bellard and her two sisters (Marie and Alice) are a culinary trio who have discovered the Mirabeau en Provence wine selection. Now, they are creating delicious desserts including this Pavlova recipe with rose, lychee and raspberry to pair with Mirabeau wines.
“We discovered Mirabeau en Provence a few years back when I was studying Wine Management at a business school in Dijon, France. Stephen was invited to talk about Mirabeau’s inspiring story and the importance of social media in their communication and marketing strategy.”
Pavlova Recipe with Rose, Lychee and Raspberry
For the Meringue:
- 2 Egg whites
- 50 g (2 oz) Caster Sugar
- 50 g (2 oz) icing sugar
- pinch of Salt
For the Rose and Mascarpone Whipped Cream:
- 150 g (5.5 oz) Whipping cream
- 80 g (3 oz) Mascarpone
- 20 g (3/4 oz) icing sugar
- 1 tbsp Rose Water
For the Garnish:
- 15-20 Raspberries
- 15 15 Lychees either fresh or from a can
- Bits and pieces of pink pralines, edible flowers for decoration
Prepare the Meringue:
- Preheat the oven to 130°C (260 F).
- Beat egg whites half stiff with a pinch of salt, then gradually incorporate caster sugar, tbsp by tbsp. Whisk for a few minutes longer until the consistence is thick and glossy.
- Using a spatula, incorporate sifted icing sugar, gently.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a pastry bag or a spoon, spread 4 to 6 meringues on the paper. If you’re using a spoon: place a tbsp of meringue on the paper, and spread it to a circular shape using the bottom of your spoon.
- Place another tbsp of meringue on top and repeat the process. The meringues are supposed to be slightly higher at the rims.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Turn off the oven and let the meringues cool inside with the door open.
- When cold, carefully detach the meringues from the parchment paper.
Prepare the Whipped Cream:
- Place cold whipping cream, mascarpone and icing sugar in the bowl of your standmixer.
- Whisk into a rather firm whipped cream.
- Using a spatula, gently incorporate the rose water.
Assemble the Pavlovas:
- Prepare a lychee brunoise: dice 10 lychees into very small cubes.
- Distribute the brunoise evenly on each meringue.
- Cover with rose whipped cream, then add 3-4 raspberries and a lychee on top of each pavlova.
- Sprinkle with bits and pieces of pink pralines, or edible flowers.
- Enjoy right away with a glass of chilled Étoile rosé!