Hearty Lentil Soup with Sausage and Sweet Paprika
This warm soup almost begs for autumn weather that season in Provence when morning takes just a bit longer to wake up. There is often a dense, dew-fog layer when you awake and it’s the time of year when you should carry a jacket or sweater – just in case. This recipe for lentil soup with sausage, lots of vegetables and a hint of sweet paprika is a filling meal for lunch or dinner. Bundle up and enjoy the change of seasons.
For more delicious French-inspired recipes, explore the full Cook’n With Class recipe directory. If you share one of these recipes on social media, use this hashtag #AlwaysCooknWithClass so we can see what you made.
Sign-up for a Cook’n with Class hands-on cooking class in Uzès or our original location in Paris. Use this code – PERFPROV10 – when you book to get 10% off on any regular workshop or culinary week it’s a vacation for food lovers.
More Fall Soups:
Lentils and Sausage with Sweet Paprika Soup
- 100 grams green lentils
- 2 large Potatoes
- 2 Carrots
- 1 medium Onion
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 2 Sausages Saucisse de Toulouse or Italian
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tbsp Sweet Paprika
- 2 litres (~ 2 quarts) Chicken Broth
- sprig of Thyme
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 tbsp Parsley chopped
- 1 Celery Branch
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Chop the onion, garlic, celery, carrot and sear them in a large pot with olive oil on medium heat for a few minutes.
- Add the sausage previously cut in big chunks, and continue searing in the saucepan for 2 to 3 minutes, add the lentils, potatoes, parsley, and the broth.
- Add salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Add thyme, 1 bay leaf and cook until the lentils are tender but not falling apart (about 45 minutes on a simmer)
- Serve hot with fresh, crusty bread.