It’s Folie! Strawberries and Whipped Cream Watching Wimbledon à la Francaise
This recipe for watching pro-tennis comes from Sophie Bellard. She takes a Wimbledon classic since 1877 – strawberries and whipped cream – and adds Provencal summer flavours to pair with our sparkling rosé La Folie. Read: game – set- match.
Strawberries and Whipped Cream for Wimbledon
This recipe is best if you prepare the cream at least a day in advance. Make sure to chill the la Folie too. Enjoy the tennis!
- Fresh Strawberries
- 300 g (10 oz) Whipping Cream or Double Cream
- 60 g (2 oz) Mascarpone
- 10-15 Fresh Mint Leaves
- 10-15 fresh basil leaves
- 30 g (1 oz) icing sugar
- Divide the cream into two bowls.
- Add mint leaves roughly cut in one of the bowls, and basil leaves in the other one.
- Cover and keep in the fridge overnight.
- The next day, filter the cream to remove the mint leaves.
- Whisk together cream, half icing sugar and half mascarpone into whipped cream.
- Repeat the process with basil-infused cream.
- Rinse the strawberries and cut off the green tops.
- Put on your nicest white clothes, open a bottle of chilled La Folie, and enjoy the match!
Note: The whipped creams can be kept in the fridge for 48 hours.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!