Easy Recipe for Roasted Lamb Shoulder
Lamb dishes are popular in Southern France; the climate with long spells of hot, dry weather is not well-suited for diary or beef cattle. However, smaller animals such as goats and sheep find lots to graze on in the fields and craggy hills. Prior to coming to Provence, I would have said that I did not like lamb, but obviously I had not experienced slow-roasted lamb shoulder. This recipe was prepared in a cooking class at the Cook’n with Class location in Uzes.
Roasted Lamb shoulder
- 1 Shoulder of Lamb
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Piment d'esplette to taste
- 3 tbsp olive oil good quality
- 200 gr / 7.1 oz Vegetable Mix (Carrots, Onion, Garlic, Celery etc...)
- Make a bed with the vegetables in a oven pan.
- Place the shoulder skin down and season well with salt & pepper.
- Add the olive oil
- Cook 30 minutes in the oven at 200ºC (400ºF)
- Turn the shoulder over and season well with salt and pepper this side
- Cook again for 15 minutes at 180ºC (350ºF)
- Let rest at least 15 minutes outside of the oven before serving