A Wild Mushroom Risotto Recipe after the Market
Mushroom season in the south of France is here and the varieties for sale in the Uzès market are endless. You can use any mushrooms for the garnish in this Wild Mushroom Risotto recipe and the more varieties you use the more interesting your garnish will look! I used field mushrooms that I was lucky enough to find growing in our orchard this morning.
Wild Mushroom Risotto
Celebrate mushroom season with a creamy al dente risotto highlighting those wild mushrooms. Enhanced with pancetta, shallots and crisp white wine, and garnished with sharp, salty Parmesan and fresh herbs.
- 300gr Mixed mushroomschanterelles, girolles, trompette de la morts, etc.
- 2tbsp Chopped pancettaomit if a vegetarian dish
- 1 Large shallotfinely chopped
- 125ml double cream
- 500ml Chicken stock
- 200gr Arborio rice
- 150ml Dry White Wine
- 100gr Field / chestnut mushrooms
- 1 Garlic Clovefinely chopped
- 2tbsp Grated Parmesan
- olive oil
- Ground Pepper
- Sea Salt
- 1tbsp Fresh herbsoregano or thyme
Note: to make this a vegetarian dish use vegetable stock in place of chicken.