Purple Haze Ravioli a Pasta Recipe Inspired by Provence
As with all of David Scott Allen’s kitchen creations, we are privileged to follow him on the journey through the where, the why and the how when it comes to choosing his recipe. And this recipe begins with a birthday dinner out with friends…
Purple Haze Ravioli
Delicate homemade ravioli stuffed with tangy goat cheese and herbs, served with lavender-rosemary-infused brown butter with Marcona almonds and candied orange peel.
- 4oz fresh goat cheeseI used Fiore di Capra
- 3tsp dried culinary lavender budsdivided
- 1/2tsp fennel pollen
- 1/4tsp Freshly ground white pepper
- 1 1/2tbsp Fresh Chivesfinely chopped
- 1/4cup grated Pecorino Romano
- 2extra large Eggswell beaten, divided
- 1 1/2cups Flourtype "00"
- 8tbsp Unsalted Butterpreferably European
- 1tbsp Fresh rosemarycoarsely chopped
- 4tbsp Marcona almondscoarsely chopped
- 4tbsp diced candied orange peel(recipe follows below)
- crema di balsamica
Serves 6 as a first course, or 2-3 as a main course.
Place strips on a cooling rack. When cool, place in an airtight container. I keep them in the refrigerator.
Can be made up to a week in advance. Surplus not used in the recipe makes a pleasant snack.