Easy Tuna Appetizer: Pâté au Thon
In David’s Cocoa and Lavender post for Pâté au Thon he turns ordinary canned tuna into a masterpiece. The full recipe is below for what might just become your go-to “impress the guests” appetizer.
Pâté au thon
An easy recipe that can be prepared the day before, and the extra (few) steps for decorating will ensure your guests rave about your abilities in the kitchen.
- 210oz cans Canned White Tunapacked in olive oil, drained
- 16tbsp Unsalted Buttersoftened
- 1/4cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Lemonfor finely grated zest
- 1/4cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/4tsp Cayenne
- 6 Anchovy filletsdrained
- 3tbsp Capersrinsed and drained
- Sea Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1tsp Hungarian sweet paprikaoptional (for garnish)
- 2tbsp Fresh Parsleyfinely chopped, optional (for garnish)
- Toast or crackersfor serving
This is an easy appetizer that can be prepared the day before, with minimal fuss the day of. However, David is certain that using tuna packed in olive oil (not water) is the key to making sure this dish has the best flavour.