Recipe for a Delicious Raspberry Tart with an Almond Crust
Gilles Conchy is the smiling face behind the Provence Gourmet. He started the company after returning to Provence from an extended stay in Southern California. No one will argue that SoCal is anything but enticing. However, the South of France….
Well, I guess you already know what we think.
A typical Provence Gourmet market cooking class includes shopping at a local market (Aix-en-Provence, Marseille or St Remy de Provence). Once your group has collected the ingredients for that day’s menu, it’s time to stop by a local winery for some wine. After all, we all know that cooking makes you thirsty. Then it’s time to get to work. The Provence Gourmet cooking classes are hands-on. You can expect to get your hands dirty while learning how to make his delicious recipes.
Then it’s time to eat. And, why not start with dessert? This is his recipe for Raspberry Tart with an Almond Crust.
Image Credits: Photos provided by clients of Provence Gourmet cooking classes
Raspberry Tart with an Almond Crust
- Approx 48 Fresh Raspberries
- 250 gr (8oz) Whole Wheat Flour
- 150 gr (5oz) + 20gr (2 tsp) Butter
- 2 Fresh Eggs
- 50 gr (2oz) Almond powder
- 150 gr (5oz) Powdered Sugar
- 20 cl (7oz) Dairy cream
- 1/2 Lemon
- 30 Fresh Mint Leaves
- To prepare the pie crust: Mix 150gr of butter, 1 egg, the almond powder, 50gr of sugar, the lemon zest and a pinch of salt.
- After mixing, add the flour. Hand mix briefly.
- Make a sphere out of this mixture and spread the dough according to your tin’s size.
- Let the dough rest 30 minutes.
- Prepare the mint syrup: In a pan add a cup of water, 100gr of sugar and 30 mint leaves.
- Boil the water, reduce the heat and after 10 minutes take the leaves out and let the syrup reduce to a ¼ cup.
- Let it cool down and reserve in the fridge.
- Spread your dough in your tin, and put it in a hot oven for 15 minutes at a temp. of 180c° (350F°).
- Remove the crust from the oven.
- To prepare the filling: Mix one egg, the dairy cream and 50gr of sugar.
- Pour this mixutre on the tart crust and put your tin in a hot oven for 10 minutes at 150C° (280F°).
- Take out and arrange the raspberries on the top.
- Pour the chilled mint syrup on top of the raspberries.
- Serve barely warm with a whip cream or vanilla ice cream.