Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup in Under an Hour
Never trust anyone who doesn’t like soup. Whether your preference is hot, cold, spicy, creamy, chunky or smooth there are thousands of possible variations on this dish that requires a spoon. This Cream of Mushroom Soup will satisfy those who like their soup warm, fresh and delicious.
For more delicious French-inspired recipes, explore the full Cook’n With Class Recipes directory. If you share one of these recipes on social media, use this hashtag #AlwaysCooknWithClass so we can see what you made.
Sign-up for a Cook’n with Class hands-on cooking class in Uzès or in our original location in Paris. Use this code – PERFPROV10 – when you book to get 10% off on any regular workshop or culinary week a vacation for food lovers.
Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 20 White mushrooms
- 1 leek
- 2 Potatoes
- 1/2 Onion
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 60 g (2 oz) Whipping cream
- 1 pinch Nutmeg
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Salt and Pepper
- Clean all your vegetables.
- Peel the potatoes, cut everything into small cubes.
- Sweat the onion, garlic, leek in butter for 5 minutes, add the mushrooms and potatoes, cover with water, salt and pepper and cook 30 minutes.
- Blend to get a smooth soup, add the cream and bring to a boil.
- Serve with crusty bread and enjoy!