Dinner Party Salmon Terrine Recipe
Working with the remainder of a salmon tail, I made these individual salmon terrines. Easy to make the terrines can be made the night before, they are really useful for dinner parties.
Dinner Party Salmon Terrine
- 650 gr Salmon use the tail
- 200 gr Full fat soft cheese
- 4 tbsp Chopped fresh dill
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Smoked salmon to garnish
- Lemon wedges to garnish
- Pre-heat the oven to 190C.
- Lightly season the salmon and wrap tightly in tin foil.
- Bake in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes until just cooked.
- Leave the salmon in the tin foil to cool completely.
- Beat the cream cheese and dill in a bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Carefully flake the cooled salmon into a bowl with the cooking juices, making sure there are no bones.
- Fold the flaked salmon into the cream cheese mixture.
- Place 6 metal rings (5cms x 5cms) on a baking tray and fill with the salmon mixture.
- If you want to use ramekins, make certain you line them with cling film.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, but overnight is best.
- To serve, carefully lift off the rings (or turn the ramekins upside down and remove the cling film), garnish the top with a curl of smoked salmon and place on a bed of salad leaves with a wedge of lemon.
- I serve mine with crusty French bread, but brown wholemeal bread is equally as good.