Beet Carpaccio with Smoked Salmon and Pomegranate a Colourful Starter Course
This starter course with thinly sliced beets is a brightly-hued plate to start a meal. The deep-purple beets and bright pink salmon are festive and bursting with flavour. This dish is a light first course or terrific for a cold lunch in the warmer months.
Beetroot Carpaccio with Smoked Salmon and Pomegranate
- 2 large slices Smoked Salmon good quality or wild, if possible
- 2 small Raw Beetroots or 1 large one
- 1 whole Pomegranate or pre-prepared Pomegranate seeds
- a sprig of Dill
- Honey Mustard
- Lemon juice
- olive oil
- to taste Salt and Pepper
- Thinly slice the raw beets and arrange in a flower shape on your plate.
- Tear of pieces of the smoked salmon and add over the top.
- Then half your pomegranate and extract some pomegranate seeds with a pointy knife (use the rest for tomorrow's breakfast) and sprinkle over the plate.
- Chop the dill and mix with a small spoon of honey mustard, lemon juice and olive oil, until you get a relatively runny consistency.
- Lightly season with pepper and salt (remember the salmon is already salty). Spoon the vinaigrette over the dish, making sure you reach the beetroots on the outside.
- Pour two glasses of chilled Mirabeau rosé and serve!