Summertime Calls for a Chicken Salad Recipe
A lovely summer chicken salad that’s really easy to make and is even tastier if you make it the night before. Basil and parsley are the key herbs for the recipe but, living in the South of France, I often add verveine to give it a more lemony taste.
Red Pepper Chicken Salad
- 500 gr Cooked chicken
- 1 Bunch of parsley
- 1 Bunch of basil or substitute with verveine
- 500 gr Tinned red peppers drained
- 150 gr Cream cheese
- 150 gr Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Put all the ingredients except the chicken and herbs into a food processor and blend for 30 seconds – you should still see the flecks of red pepper.
- Finely chop the basil (or verveine) and parsley and fold into the creamy mixture.
- Cut the chicken into large chunks, place in a shallow bowl and cover with the creamy herb mixture.
- Cover with cling film and leave in the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours or, even better, overnight.
- Serve with a lovely green salad of mixed leaves (including some rocket as the peppery flavour will work well with the creamy sauce) and avocado, dressing the top of the salad with red peppers.