Recipe for Fig Pizza from Caromb
Hilda Stearn admits that Caromb was not always in her life, but she thanks her mother for getting her to visit originally. Now, Hilda and her husband travel to Provence as often as possible (when work permits). Hilda who is one to make friends easily has befriended Carola and not just because she has some fabulous fig trees.
Here is what Hilda shared along with a recipe for Fig Pizza.
My good friend Carola has the most amazing fig trees in her garden. Twice a year they are laden with fruit and she has become something of an expert in creating new ways of eating this healthy crop.
Hilda tells us that this easy recipe now features on the menu of the pizza van in Caromb!
- 1 Thin crust pizza base
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4-6 Fresh Figs sliced
- 1½ cups Emmental cheese grated
- 12-14 Black Olives pitted
- 2 sprigs Fresh rosemary
- Coat the pizza base with olive oil and a layer of thickly sliced figs.
- Top with grated cheese, rosemary and black olives.
- Cook in a hot oven (400F) for about 10 minutes until the cheese has bubbled. Slice and serve.