Mirabeau Recipe: Mini Fig and Ricotta Cheesecakes
If you are a regular Perfectly Provence reader, you already know there are hundreds (maybe thousands) of reasons why life is nearly perfect in Provence. Here is one more! You can often find fresh figs two times a year as some local trees produce the luscious fruit twice in a season.
This sweet recipe is a delicious combination of ricotta cheese and fresh figs, brought to you by the folks at Mirabeau Wine.
Mini Fig and Ricotta Cheesecakes
- 4 Fresh Figs
- 1 Tub Ricotta cheese
- 1/4 Cup (60ml) Milk
- 2-3 tbsp Honey
- Lemon Zest from one lemon
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C) degrees.
- Add the Ricotta, milk, honey and some grated lemon zest to a bowl and stir until you have a smooth mixture.
- Cut the figs into two lengthwise.
- Take 4 porcelain ramekins and pour an equal amount of mixture into each.
- Carefully drop a fig half into each of the ramekins, flesh side up.
- Take a baking tray and half fill with some water to make a bain marie.
- Place the ramekins in the water and put in the oven to set for 20 minutes. Delicious with a nice shortbread biscuit.