Simply Delicious Sun (or oven) dried Tomato Purée
Recipe post by PestoPistou
Every year when we visit the South of France, I sun dry tomatoes, and while the plump, ripe and halved plum tomatoes sit under the sun’s rays for a couple of days, I mull over the options for preserving or consuming them when they reach my preferred level of dryness. …Continue reading here
Ovendried Tomato Purée
- 200 gr oven-dried tomatoes from a kilo of fresh, plum tomatoes
- 120 ml Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Put all the ingredients in a mini mixer and blitz them until they form a thick paste.
- You could add a handful of pitted, black olives to supplement the flavour.
- Spoon the purée into a sterilised jar and cover with a thin layer of extra virgin olive oil before sealing.
- Keep in the fridge for up to two months.
- Once opened, use within two weeks.