Impressive Starter Course: Salmon, Avocado and Crab Parcels
This is a lovely starter for a dinner party, it looks very stylish and it can be prepared the day before. Or make slightly larger parcels and serve with a salad for a light lunch.
Salmon, Avocado and Crab Parcels
Smoky slices of salmon, crab meat and veggies in little parcels of deliciousness.
- 400 g of smoked salmon slices
- 200 g white crab meat use leg meat if possible
- 2 Green peppers
- 2 Peeled tomatoes
- 2 Small spring onions
- 2 Ripe avocados
- 1 Lime
- 1 tbls Crème fraiche
- Sea Salt
- 3 tbls olive oil
- 1 tbls Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp German mustard or Dijon mustard
- Ground Pepper
- Peel and stone the avocados, cut them into cubes, place in a bowl and squeeze over the lime juice.
- Toss the cubes in the lime juice and add 1 tbls of crème fraiche.
- Put the mixture into a liquidiser and blend.
- Place the mixture in a bowl and carefully fold in the crab meat, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover with cling film and set aside.
- Line 4 ramekins with cling film squares, large enough to wrap over the top.
- Carefully line the ramekins with the smoked salmon taking care to ensure the slices are long enough to fold over the top.
- Fill the ramekins with the avocado and crab mixture.
- Do not over fill.
- Fold over the smoked salmon to make a parcel and secure the cling film over the top.
- Place into the fridge and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To make the salsa, slice the peeled tomatoes, discard the seeds and cut into small 5mm dice.
- Using only the green flesh, cut the peppers into small 5mm dice.
- Take the white part of the spring onion and slice, creating very small rings.
- Combine in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix the mustard (if using Dijon mustard, add a pinch of castor sugar) with the balsamic vinegar and then add the olive oil and beat lightly until well combined.
- Pour over the diced peppers, tomatoes and onion rings and toss.
- Cover with cling film and chill in the fridge for 2 hours.
- When you are ready to plate up, carefully turn the ramekins upside down in your hand and shake out the salmon parcels.
- Remove the cling film and place the salmon parcels on the plate.
- Decorate with the pepper and tomato salsa.
- Serve with thin slices of granary bread.
Use small ramekins 8cms by 3cms deep for a starter portion, 10cms by 4cms for a larger lunch portion.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!