1kg ripe tomatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 Kg Ripe tomatoes peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 Thumb Ginger finely minced
- 2-4 Red chillies halved, membranes and seeds removed, finely sliced
- 4 Garlic Cloves finely sliced
- 2 Star Anise Pods
- 600 grams (1.3 lbs) Granulated Sugar
- 200 ml (3/4 cup) Cider Vinegar
Warm tomatoes, ginger, chillies, garlic and star anise in a preserving pan with the sugar and vinegar, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
Simmer, stirring regularly, for about 20 minutes or until the jam has thickened.
Remove the star anise.
Then pour into jars and store in a cool dry place and use within a year (!)