Mango Pomegranate Salsa
Highlighting the bright crisp flavours of the pomegranate, mixed with sweet mango, peppers, onions, cucumbers and tangy lime juice.
- 1 firm ripe mango finely chopped (brunoise)
- 1 large pomegranate seeded
- 1 red bell pepper brunoise
- 1/2 Red onion brunoise & soaked in cold water
- 1/2 Cucumber seeded & brunoise
- 3 Limes juiced & zest
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- fat pinch chilli flakes to your liking
- to taste Salt and Pepper
- drizzle of olive oil
Toss all ingredients together in a bowl, call over some friends and serve!
Great with a lovely pomegranate rosé sangria too!
** Brunoise is the term for finely chopped. It is defined as a culinary knife cut in which the food item is first julienned and then turned a quarter turn and diced again, producing cubes of about 3 mm or less on each side, or 1/8-inch dice. In France, a “brunoise” cut is smaller, 1 to 2 mm on each side, or 1/16-inch dice [source: wikipedia]
**Note about lime juice... squeeze only until juice stops flowing, don’t over squeeze the lime as you end up with bitterness.